Sunday, April 8, 2012

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!

Now to the really neat stuff...

Codeman and I did Silk Tie Dyed Eggs today!  Oh this was just way to cool.  I picked up my silk ties at my favorite thrift store for less than $.20 each.  The hardest part was taking the ties apart!  Get you eggs and lets get started...

I took tie in hand and placed a raw egg on top of it...

From Projects
wrapped the tie around it tight and then cut the excess off.  Kept it wrapped with a rubber band.
From Projects
Then another, then another until they were all wrapped.  Then I tried two different ways for the second wrap, cloth and pantyhose.  I felt the pantyhose was easier to do then tying the cloth.  Anyways you can wrap the eggs in a white cloth (thrifted pillowcase) or nylons, tie off.

From Projects

From Projects
Place in water with 1/4 cup of vinegar and boil for 20 minutes.  Let cool then unwrap!

From Projects
TADAAAA!  Aren't they total awesome!!

From Projects
Codeman's reaction...LOL!

From Projects
This was so much fun!
From Projects
Look at the texture and colors!
From Projects
Next time I'll boil the light colored ones separate from the dark.
From Projects
Wished I done this sooner...
From Projects
The red ones were paisley ties...Luv it!
From Projects
Check it out...
From Projects
No mess...no fuss...
From Projects
This was the only mess besides the pot we used.  Awesome!!

From Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment