Monday, June 27, 2011

Michael's Lightning McQueen Pillow

My grandson's all time favorite blanket is this one and he's been complaining that it's too small!  So I asked him if he wanted Meme to do something with it.  Michael's response, "No! It's OK Meme."  I think he just didn't want it out of his sight...lol.  So last time I was there I asked my daughter if he had been using it and she said no.  I told her to bring it to me and I would make it into a car pillow for him.  So here goes...
 














Here I am cutting out the car...I'm so nervous!













I didn't get a picture of it, but I used a Lightning McQueen sheet for the back.  With right sides facing each other sew around the edge leaving a 4 inch opening.













Then I zig zagged around it too...just to make sure!













Trimmed it with pinking shears.













Ready to turn right side out!



And then stuff!



All done!  A little funky shaped but I don't think he'll mind!











I made a second pillow out of the remaining blanket...waste not, want not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment